Wednesday, November 2, 2016
Decatur Library (215 Sycamore Street, Decatur GA 30030)
The proposed redevelopment is in the preliminary stages and was inadvertently included in a batch of notifications sent out by Smith, Gambrell & Russell ahead of final 2016 zoning filings. Rather than cancel the meeting, an informal session will be held to let nearby residents know of the concept and get initial feedback.
Basic details (as supplied by zoning attorney Kathy Zickert of Smith, Gambrell & Russell) were shared with neighbors at last week’s DHNA meeting with DeKalb Commissioner Jeff Rader and City Commissioners Tony Powers and Scott Drake in attendance:
• Publix is most likely the main anchor with other retail shops included
• Up to 250 apartments are being proposed
• Avondale MARTA station proximity is the key selling point
• The assemblage includes parcels in Unincorporated DeKalb and City of Decatur
• Alliance Realty Services is the main developer; Worthing is the developer for the apartments
As the established neighborhood association immediately adjacent to the proposed redevelopment, the DHNA will be actively involved in the planning process. The DHNA looks forward to the participation of other neighborhoods in the East Ponce de Leon Avenue, Sycamore Street, and Katie Kerr Drive vicinity.
[Again, this project has not been submitted. Development proposals requiring a land use change by DeKalb County are heard only during the March and September cycles.]
Decatur Heights Neighborhood Association (DHNA) Meeting
Thursday, November 20th at 7pm* in the community room of The Church at Decatur Heights
(Doors will open at 6:45pm for members to sign in ahead of vote.)
- Election of Officers for 2015
- Traffic Calming Update
- Neighborhood Activities Going Forward– Members’ Input
- Members’ Announcements
- Meet and Greet
All neighbors are encouraged to participate in the DHNA. Meetings are open to all to attend.
* Time change from original notice